It's funny, if we had arrived here last year in weather like we are having today, it would not have been a very warm welcome. In fact, it would have been a cold, slippery mess...it's been raining all day, and the temperature keeps dropping...we even have a winter storm watch! Everything is covered in a thin sheet of ice including the ramp heading up to the door, the deck floor, and every branch, leaf bud and rhododendron leaf. Little icicles are forming as the rain drips from the roof, the railing and the branches. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this last bit of winter, though I do admit I am looking forward to spring temperatures!
Click here to read the first post of my blog...interesting to look back on that day!
I'd like to share a few of my thoughts (kind of like an interview with myself, LOL!) about our life here over this past year...
- What do I like best?
- That's easy, though there's more than 1 thing
- the peaceful, natural, somewhat self sustaining mountain life
- the kind, selfless people who live in these mountains with us
- living a simpler life
- What do I like least?
- No doubt about it, hand washing the dishes every meal
- What has been the most important thing I've learned?
- That I can do anything I set my mind to (well, I've really always believed that about myself; this applies specifically to things I'd never done before coming here, like creating a large vegetable garden, making jam, baking well, creating new recipes, writing a blog every day, felling trees, chopping wood, hunting wild edibles, building a deck...I've done so many things new things, learned so many new things...and I'm not done yet!)
- What has been the hardest thing?
- Missing my daughters Erin & Jessica, my grandson Liam and being so far away from them
- What will we do next?
- Keep on living this log cabin life unless something else comes up!
Is there something you would like to know about my thoughts on living this log cabin life? Please leave a comment with your question(s), or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll respond. I'll also capture any additional questions and answers in a future post.
I do want to thank all of you for reading, following and commenting on my blog...without you, this experience just wouldn't be the same.
Thanks for reading my blog, you are the best f/f/r/s/f's, see you tomorrow,