I gently shouted "hellooooo, anyone home?" as walked up the driveway and approached their back door. I could hear the washing machine churning inside, so I let myself into the entryway and knocked on the inside door...Ron opened it smiling and gave me a big hello hug. It'd been so long since I had seen Bertie, she wanted to know if I was mad at her..."of course not" I said, and admitted I had no excuse for not having come sooner.
This is my favorite picture of them, a good depiction of their warm personalities and sense of humor (I've shown you this before).
When I finally got her computer up and running, she wanted to know how she could thank me. I told her our time together was enough and that I enjoyed helping because we were friends. Then she said, "let's you and me go into town, and goof off" (I wish I could remember her exact word to describe this, but it completely escapes me), and then "let's go to breakfast". "It's a date", I smiled. I will bring a pad! Can't wait to tell you about our adventures!
On my way home, I saw a couple friends up the hill and shouted "howdy". One shouted back, "Ed here come up to see the trees John(y) wants to cut, where is he?". "Gone to Franklin", I replied, "but I can show Ed the trees". We met at the garden, and I showed Ed the huge trees that need to come down to make way for the sun for our spring garden. While we chatted, he asked "so where'd you say John(y) was? Loafin'?" "Yes'sir, in Franklin...loafin'" I replied. He chuckled and said "These trees will be no problem, we'll just drop them this way", pointing. This project will be a real learning experience!
Later, when I went to get the mail, I heard the grumble of a logging truck. Today was the first time I actually saw one pass by, though they have been thundering down our mountain road for many months now...makes me wonder if there will be any forest trees left! I know, here we are cutting trees for our garden and I am complaining about loggers...I just hope they don't take more than is environmentally correct.
Speaking of rumbling, last night, at 9:30ish, I heard a rumbling sound outside (sounded like in the woods or up the mountain), then felt a vibration as I was sitting on the couch. I asked Johny about it, and he heard the same thing though he didn't feel anything...we did have minor earthquake in this area back in June 2012...I didn't find any reports of last nights activity, but it sure makes me wonder what the heck it was!
Last but not least, I'm excited to share the results of my first blog poll! When you are baking/cooking, what do you do with the preparatory dishes? 69% of you said you clean up as you go and the other 31% said you wait until you are done and then clean up. I always thought I was slightly unusual (well, I still do, but that's a different story) about cleaning as I went, now I know I am in very good company! Thanks for playing along!
Thanks for reading my blog, you are the best f/f/r/s/f's, see you tomorrow,
Your neighbors sound like nice folks.. I have some like that and enjoy visiting with them so much.. She sounds like me with Old Arthur..lol..I bet you live near Franklin.. I live at Murphy..
Good friends...good times! Hugs!
What a treasure you have in those neighbors!!
I'd love to be a mouse in your pocket at breakfast in town.
It was 77 degrees here today, Friday our low is predicted to be 9. With Hail warnings tomorrow and snow on Wednesday! CrAzY
All, there is nothing like good friends, no doubt. And I feel very fortunate to have you as friends through this blogging life!
Susie, we are between Sylva and Franklin, near the Macon county line.
Hugs back dad!
Patti, stay safe. I hear this storm is going to be a doozy and we are going to get hit with it Wednesday as well!
Post a Comment